Saturday, March 3, 2012

Hollah-Dayzzz!

I really, really enjoy holidays. If there's an excuse to celebrate something, I will find the excuse to celebrate it. I've developed this unhealthy obsession with finding Unofficially Official Holidays. I've discovered that there's a holiday for everything; you just have to find out when the Everything Holiday is. 
So, starting this month, I have been, and will be, celebrating every Unofficially Official Holiday every Official Day in March! March 1st was "World Compliment Day," so I tweeted random followers and posted compliments on Walls! It was also National Pig Day, so I curled my hair in piggy tails and dressed in all pink. Yesterday was National Dress in Blue Day & Dr. Seuss' Birthday! This was definitely my favourite day so far: my brother and sister and I baked Dr. Seuss Cupcakes and watched all of the Dr. Seuss movies, AND made green eggs & ham!  

It was so much fun and I felt like such a kid again! Celebrating all of these weird holidays is definitely a contributing factor to me wanting to feel like I'm doing exciting things with my life. Doing this, along with reading 100 books, and attending Cons and watching my favourite anime shows, just makes me feel so young again. I've decided that I just really don't want to grow up. EVER. I just want to stay young and keep doing all of these weird, spontaneous things to stay alive and not be so focused on school and Financial Aid and work and icky Adult Stuff. It's official. I'm creating my own Never-Never Land. <3


In other news, I finished another book this week! As much as I feel I'd be letting my favourite author down by saying that Tell Me Lies by Jennifer Cruz was better The Fault in Our Stars, I, like Harry, "must not tell lies." It was truly an amazing book, dripping with suspense that literally made the hairs on my arm stand on end, constantly hilarious scenes, and perfectly-developed characters. Ahh, it was so gooddd. I really liked that the story kept switching perspectives, rather than telling the story from one particular point of view. The same scene would be told from three different people, which I thought was really interesting. The only other time I've read a book like that was Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle, but it wasn't nearly as literaturely delicious as Tell Me Lies. 


As promised, my daily nerdisms from February 21-28. 
Tuesday: Wore my Firefly t-shirt to school!
Wednesday: Wore a Doctor Who t-shirt and watched Firefly
Thursday: Watched My Little Pony! :D 
Friday: Read my book instead of paid attention in class
Saturday: Played "Harry Potter Scene It?" for HOURS!
Sunday: Extreme Study Sesh 
Monday: Dressed as a "Slytherin School Girl!" <3
Tuesday: Organized myself a Firefly Marathon


I know this is an incredibly long blog, and I apologize. I just have so much stuff going on that I haveee to say! But that's all for now. Oh, and if you want to do the "Celebrate the Unofficially Official Holidays in March," click here!


<3


Books read: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment