Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'd Eat My Words, but I'd Rather Eat a Cupcake

A few explanations: If anyone saw the terrible and highly unpopular video of Chantel and I singing an Improv Duet at Atlantic's Cafe AMARD two years ago on YouTube, a) I'm sorry and b) you know that I prefer muffins to cupcakes and provided a well-detailed argument in regards to the ever-ceaseless: Muffins vs. Cupcakes War Saga Thing in acoustic song-form. However, despite my irrefutable zeal for the muffin, particularly blueberry and banana nut, I am, in fact, craving a cupcake. This could be due to the fact I just walked down the hall and two very nicely dressed women (I don't why I felt the need to say these ladies were nicely dressed) were talking at exceedingly loud about how much they wanted cupcakes. Normally, I'm quick to jump and say, "Hey, nicely dressed ladies, go get a muffin instead!" But rather than me being at the front lines of defense for the moist, fluffy, baked good, I kind of wanted to follow them out of the office and go wherever they were going to get a cupcake as well. <---That's actually really creepy now that I write it out. Anyway, in hopes of quenching my craving for cupcakes, I searched "Making Cupcakes" on YouTube. The only video I got through was the low budgeted adaptation of a Food Network Home Cooking show, where this highly unenthusiastic woman made cupcakes look like ice cream cones. They look so pretty, but I seriously think I have contracted diabetes upon watching this video. In case you feel like contracting diabetes as well, the steps on making an ice cream cupcake are as follows:
1. Fill the cone halfway with jellybeans (or candy of your choice) for that extra sweet punch in the face
2. Unwrap your cupcake and ice the top, then stick it face down into the cone
3. Take your MINI cupcake and stick it face down onto the larger, iced cupcake (ice that, too!)
4. Then, take as much icing as possible and spread it thickly onto your cupcake stack. This way, you'll be able to feel the icing glue your organs together with every bite. 
5. Don't forget to ice it like a soft-served cone, so if you need more icing, don't worry about it! The more, the better. 
6. Finally, sprinkles! Because who doesn't like a heart attack without sprinkles.

It's safe to say that after watching this video, I have reaffirmed my Team Muffin status. And now, a cute Muffin Cupcake Conflict War Photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment