Tuesday, October 25, 2011

"These are my Confessions..."

I started last week's post off with an allusion to a YouTube video I had been featured in. I don't want to sound redundant, but now I'm going to say, "Go subscribe to this channel Here!" to understand what I'm about to blog about. Alex Day, "nerimon" posted a video entitled "YouTube Survey 2011". Considering I've yet to be able to conquer the procrastination I constantly endure, I haven't started vlogging, and am not on YouTube. This is getting wordy, so here it is: I'm responding to Alex Day's YouTube survey via Blogger. 
Question 1: Tell us about your first kiss
My "technically" first kiss happened when I was in pre-school with a boy named C.J. I remember chasing him around the playground and demanding him to kiss me. I finally tackled him behind the big yellow slide and told him if he didn't kiss me, I'd tell everyone he liked boys. His twin brother David saw the whole thing and told his twin that he better just do it. And so poor little threatened C.J. of the big yellow slide kissed me. Not on the hand. Not on the cheek. Right smack on the lips. I felt awesome. And then never talked to him again. 
The real first kiss happened on a rainy afternoon in 7th grade at Silver Sands Middle School with my first boyfriend, "Pseudonym". I don't feel like embarrassing myself and him in one blog.We had been dating 3 weeks and he kind of just grabbed my face and kissed me. I didn't really know what to do so I just stood there. It didn't last very long because how long does one keep kissing a mouth unpuckered? Suprisingly, the relationship lasted over a year. Even after 4 months when he told me he was going to make out with me whether I liked it or not. But that's another story. 
Question 2: What was the most expensive item of clothing you ever bought?
I don't buy many expensive items of clothing. But Junior Year of high school, I ran for Miss Atlantic and the contestants needed a dress for the Poise and Presentation portion of the competition. My mum bought me this gorgeous satin, sequin, ball gown for around $350. Needless to say, I lost the competition and am $350 poorer. 
Question 3: What was the first job you ever wanted as a kid? 
I wanted to be a professional figure skater. I used to watch figure skating all the time when I was little and would've given anything to skate in the Olympics. The "at-the-time" Daytona Ice Plex opened and my best-mom-in-the-world-mom put me in private lessons. 6 days a week, Monday-Saturday. I'd get up at 5:30, skate from 5:45-7AM, go to school, and get back on the ice after school until 4. Then, Saturdays consisted of 10AM jump class, 11AM ballet, then skating the rest of the afternoon. I honestly don't know how I did it as a mere 8-year old. But it was my passion, and it was my dream to be a Michelle Kwan when I grew up. And now, I want to control airplanes. Didn't stray too much from the child inside me. :D 
Question 4: Tell us about your group of school friends
I didn't necessarily have a specific group in high school, I floated with all of the cliques on campus. But in middle school I ran with a group that called themselves...K-JAB. Again, not writing names for courtesy purposes. K-JAB, of course, stood for all of our initials. And we were the most popular girls in school, your typical snobby clique that everyone wanted to be friends with and was jealous of. We had a notebook we all decorated after the tragic loss of our first one. "B" lost it at lunch one day and we were freaking out because everyone's secrets and rumours and drama was in that book and we were going to be "so dead." So we passed around this notebook everyday unless someone needed an extra class period or day. When someone had the notebook too long, everyone got all grumpy because they couldn't write down their drama for the day. The biggest drama I remember about the notebook was a massive fight that broke out between myself, A, and J. Pages and pages and pages of cattiness vomited all over a shared notebook between four girls. In addition to this beloved book, every Friday night we went to the movies. No matter what movie, we were there. We saw the movie, had a sleepover, and called boys all night because that's how cool we were. Oh, and we ate lots and lots of birthday cake ice cream. 
Question 5: What would you name your kids?
I've thought about this a lot and I always either 1) forget the names I picked or 2) meet someone with the name I picked and they turn out to be someone I disgust. However, boys' names I've stuck to include: Ashton, Logan, Aiden, and Lucas. Girls' names: Skyla, Sophie/Sophia, Lucy, and Riley. Not sure why the majority of my boys' names end in an "en" sound and the majority of my girls' names end in an "ee" sound... o.O 
Well, that's all we have for today, folks. In the meantime, enjoy this picture of Usher singing "Confessions."

No comments:

Post a Comment