Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Weekend Lineup

This is going to be a relatively short post because a) I have very little time b) I don't want to post too much because I have to give reflections about everything I did over the weekend; therefore, c) you, as readers, will get antsy if I post two long blogs about the same events. And no one likes an unhappy reader. So here we go!


Friday: I'm finally going to get sushi! I haven't been since The Boyfriend left - I guess because it was kind of "our" thing and I felt like I'd be betraying him in a way.. if I got those amazing little delicacies of the ocean that ride around on cute little boats without him. Up until about three days ago, this was my adamant belief ... until I realized how much I missed eating those ocean delicacies. So gathered up some friends to go with. And I'm going. We're also doing the usual watch/mock Terra Nova thing, and then back home to make signs for...

BUM-BUM-BUMMMM!


Saturday: THE BIG DAY! I'm absolutely so incredibly excited about this. Hopefully everyone's all caught up on the news about Occupy Wallstreet that's going on right now and how that the event has exploded world-wide. It's even made it's way to little ol' Daytona! For those of you who are unaware, in the dark, ignorant, or a hermit, Occupy Wallstreet is the protest happening right now to get our country back in order - the citizens back to being individuals rather than under corporations and government control. Some topics being protested are unemployment, food recalls, oil spills, pay cuts, funding cut from public schools, tax increases to the poor and tax decreases to the wealthy, foreclosure, students in debt, people who can't even afford education, groceries, or a family. Et cetera. Pretty much anything wrong that the government has influenced on it's people, is being protested. Again, I will have more to say on this after the event Saturday. If you're in the Daytona-ish area, the info: 
When: Saturday, October 15th from 9AM-6PM
Where: At ISB and Nova at Tuscawilla Park across from Steak and Shake
*Don't worry, this is a controlled, organized event. We have permission to do this - see here for details.


Sunday: Going to see Footloose with my dear friend, Ashley! I'm so excited to see her AND this movie! :D


And that's all, folks. <3 See you at Occupy Daytona!  

No comments:

Post a Comment