Wednesday, October 5, 2011

On Fish Puns and Drowning

My financial advisor of my blog has informed me that for the good of the people and our business, he recommends a new post every other day. Considering I have a tendency to break 90% of goals I set for myself, I don't plan on blogging every other day. I feel as if my life-that-is-characterized-as-non-mundane will become mundane. You can't force a good story, they just have to happen. So anyway, now that I'm done going against my CFO's advice on how to make billions of dollars via blog post, let's make it aware that is in fact, October, and also in fact, the end of my mini-bucket-bucket list time.                                                                     


 RECAP:
1. Completed - I read 1 chapter every night of a new book. And it felt amazing.
2. Completed - I said "as many as possible" for a reason. I ended up finishing the first 3 seasons of Sex and the City. Considering those are the only complete seasons the library has shelved. 
3. FAIL - I was working out every day up until about 2 weeks ago when I got sick. Then, I got lazy. 
4. FAIL - I realized, once again, how I poor I am. 
5. Extreme fail - I think I went 10 days without a blog post. 
6. Failfailfail - Still wearing the same polish from 3 weeks ago. 
7. COMPLETED! I got an A on 3 Biology quizzes and my air traffic exam.
8. Completed! (For now) - I finally met a normal bloke in ATC. He's hilarious, hasn't stabbed me in the back, and doesn't look like a creature from the black lagoon. (Yes, this is how I judge Friend Criteria) 
9. Uhm, fail - I think I fell asleep once in weather. 
10. Completed - I actually earned 7.5 hours of lab time. 
Honestly, 5 pass and 5 fail is a lot better than I thought I would do so I'm not punishing myself because a) I just feel like being a rebel b) I'm happy with the outcome and let's be honest, c) No one's going to send me punishments anyway. 


Moving forward: Last week, a few of my friends and I suddenly decided we'd dive into a reely big war of fish puns. Soon enough though, we felt pretty gilty for being so crabby towards each other; we realized it was because we were so jelly of each other's ability to be the class clown fish. In the end, we roetated our way of thinking and decided we didn't want coralling within our grouper and remain friends instead of anemones. And whale, now we're the best of friends again.
I realize this isn't my best material as far as stories go, but it was a major highlight to my week because I sat in my cubicle, silently laughing to myself - probably looking slightly deranged. But, what else is new.


So this past weekend my family and I were at a timeshare-pool-hotel-thing. And for some reason, children have this tendency to seek and find me in hopes of becoming my best friend. Which, they always succeed and I always end up babysitting this stranger's child. At the current time, I had a 6 year old girl following me around in her floaties and inner-tube - dressed to the nines in safety devices. While I, the near-20-year-old from Daytona Beach who has yet learned how to swim, is doggy paddling for dear life in this 10-foot deep water-filled pit of doom. As I'm envying the child's safety gear, she notices my struggle to stay afloat, and offers me her inner-tube. Normally, I'm not one to disarm a child of her safety device, but I was like, dying, so I figured I had a legitimate reason. Anyway, I was in this tube for all of 4 minutes when I realized the tube sort of shape-shifting from this: "O" to this: "0" and curving up on the sides. I decided it was time to squeeze myself out of this tube and paddle myself to the safe and welcoming, 3 feet 6 inches area. But as I was struggling to get out, this child decides she wants a piggy back ride and I, of course, am the piggy who sinks to the bottom upon the child clawing her way up my back. Naturally, my body decides to swallow a ton of water..because what would drowning be without swallowing water, right? And I'm screaming and trying to throw this piggy-back-riding-six-year-old off of me and after much struggle, she finally gets the hint that I'm like dying, like, again. So I'm choking and all of the post-drowning-things you're supposed to do after being held under by a six year old in pink princess water wingies. No big deal though, I'm just never being dubbed babysitter in the pool ever again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment