Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Dejected Ashli Ford and her Tear-Soaked Slipper

Told you there would be a blog in the future entitle that. ^^


Topic Number 2: The End of Summer
Looking back on this summer, I feel so incredibly accomplished. Usually summers for me entail sleeping in, sitting on the computer, and eating every possible thing in the cabinet to mask my boredom. But I actually DID stuff this summer. Things I never thought I would experience. Some things: 
1. LEAKY CON
2. The last shuttle launch 
3. A weekend away in Clearwater/Tampa. 
4. Dinner on top of the Hyatt. 
5. Sailed on a pirate ship.
6. Made homemade ice cream/a slip 'n slide/a time capsule/a Lego Burrow/and a cake!
7. Had a surprise candlelit picnic in the park, by the lake, on a hillside. <3
8. Yankees Game 
9. Went to my first off-Broadway show: HAIR!
10. BBQ on the beach. 
11. Was a co-parent for 10 days. xD
12. Bowling/Mini-golf/Daytona Lagoon 
13. Finally experienced all 4 Disney parks. 
14. Played Xbox for the first time ever and WON. 
15. Went on a boat to Disappearing Island. 
16. I need to end this list now! 
The best thing though was spending it with my best friend. It's just an amazing feeling waking up every morning next to the person you care about and knowing that the day you're about to tackle is probably going to be crappy, but when you come home, they're there to make it better. I truly feel like you don't know a person until you've lived with them. And from everything I've learned, I like even more. 
My room is so empty now without his millions of cords and over-flowing hamper and stacks of papers and piles of random odds and ends. And it's more quiet without his video games blaring, or the loud noise of the fan on high, or just another voice there. It's also a lot warmer without that fan on high, and the covers to myself. But I still miss all of that. Because it was clutter and noise and cold that I enjoyed. 
I'm so much more content with the move-back-home today than I was yesterday morning. I was bleeding mess. But blimey, just a few of the right words from the right person made it all the better. And I go to Pennsylvania in 3 months! And he comes here in 3 months! And it's just a beautiful thing. I'm so happy I could burst. It's like ..  "pretty cool" to be in a really fantastic relationship with a really fantastic person you have a really fantastic time with. I'm so unbelievably grateful. <3(:

No comments:

Post a Comment