Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fantastic Words and When to Say Them

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 
I bought the 100+ tomatoes today, and the challenge shall commence tomorrow. I also had to endure the facial ridicule from the check out lady when she saw that I bought 6 plastic containers of grape tomatoes. But I had to suck it up and remember: I do this for the fandom. 
On another note: 
I was recently told that the choice of vocabulary I use is attractive. I believe I used the word, "flippant." (i.e. Not showing a serious or respectful attitude). So I got to thinking about other words I enjoy using, just because I like the sound of big words. Not because I like to sound educated, but because I generally enjoy the feeling of extending my vocabulary. To provide an example, if vocabulary were a store, I'd be like the child pulling on her mum's shirt tassels kicking and screaming for the bigger, better toy. But in this case, vocabulary word. Pearl Strachan said, "handle them carefully, for words have more power than atom bombs." I believe so highly in the power of words. Words can cut a person down; words can build a person up. I love words, so my gift to you, if you're looking to be attractive, are some of my favourite vocabulary words.
  • Writhe: A twisting, squirming movement
  • Adjacent: That which is near or bordering upon
  • Contiguity: Proximity
  • Intrinsic: InherentEgoism: The theory that places man's chief good in the completeness of self
  • Explicate: To clear from involvement
  • Nonchalance: A state of mind indicating lack of interest 
Your words speak lightyears. You can be reaalllll attractive to somebody. ;)
Pieces of Gum Chewed: 1
Nail Polish Colour: Yeah-Still-Chipped-Sparkly-Silver 

No comments:

Post a Comment