Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Orlando, Disney, More Disney, Tampa, Clearwater, More Disney

I feel like the worst blogger ever because I didn't follow my peers around all day with a recorder and/or notepad to remind myself of all of the fabulous moments I encountered this weekend. I've been writing really, longgggg, blogs lately - so I feel it's time for a shorter one. Some highlights and facts of this trip: 


1. There is no such thing as a Caramel Macchiato at McDonald's. The real name is "Caramel Mocha." 
*Fact: The difference between Mocha and Macchiato is that the Macchiato is sweeter and has "a lot more flavors going on" (e-cigareteforum). While the Mocha has more of a coffee flavor - just chocolate and coffee. 
2. For the first time in 19 years, I saw the Welcome Ceremony at Magic Kingdom and am still singing, "Good mornin', good mornin'! To you, and you, and YOU!"
3. "Your bow is crooked!" Drizella, Carrie, and everyone else on the entire planet made that clear.
4. "Bibbidi, Bobbidi, boo; may all your wishes and dreams come true." I. Love. Sparkly. Wishes!
5. I conquered Animal Kingdom, chewed the thought of stealing a baby gazelle (aka Tommies), cried at both The Lion King show and Finding Nemo show, and experienced the best caeser salad and pizza of my life.
6. Yetis scare me. Even if they're the nice Yeti who plays checkers. o.O 
7. Flamingo pins don't exist anywhere in any park at Disney. 
8. England (and The A-Team) is beautiful in the Epcot-Time-of-Year. See?!


9. My future was decided! Click here to see my future!
10. I GOT A FIGMENT PIN AND HE'S THE CUTEST THING EVERRRRR. (Which, upon entering my house, was almost confiscated by my pin-crazed mother.)
11. There's an ice-cream dessert called "The Kitchen Sink" which is really funny because it has everything in it and is displayed in a mini-kitchen sink. Clever and delicious.
12. Andrew's mum kills bugs with brooms; Andrew kills bugs with pillows. Like mother, like ... son. 
13. The Party Bus. 15 passenger van passengering 12 people. One. Epic. Trip to Tampa. 
14. The University of Tampa is the single most gorgeous campus I've ever seen, and I desperately want to live there. 
15. Their swim team needs to find a new method of posting announcements on outdoor bulletin boards. Laminate them, or try the scrolling marquee method. Printed paper isn't hurricane-state-friendly.
16. Hitting curbs, screaming IT'S HOT, and singing Friday = Highlights of Party Bus.
17. Talked Harry Potter with Stevie: a really awesome gal who knows her Potter. Love. HER. 
18. Andrew and I sleep with our mouths open on the trek back to Orlando via Party Bus. 
19. Found JUSTIN BIEBER SINGING TOOTHBRUSHES. 
20. Crazy Cake free sampled ice-cream is where it's at. <3 
21. Remember the show animorphs from the 90's? Everyone kind of morphed into massive garbage disposals at T-Rex. Which, in my opinion, is a fabulous eatery.
22. Downtown Disney/Chaser Hunting/Gift-Card-Collecting/Window Shopping/Oh, and pouting because I didn't get a really boss Alice and Wonderland t-shirt. lulz.
23. SNEAKING, POUNCING,  AND GET-OFF-YOUR-KNEE-IS-IN-MY-SPLEEN! = Alarm Clock.
24.  I don't pack enough clothes. 
25. Ate Starburst and watched clouds and listened to Johnny's House on XL 1067 on the way back home. 

I could go on with the numbered list until a million, but I said this would be a short post. It was an amazing weekend. I met a bunch of great people and made a bunch of fantastic memories. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment