Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sunday, Monday: HAPPY DAYS! Tuesday, Wednesday: HAPPY DAYS!

          I have the type of fatigue where your head is all fuzzy and it feels as if your brain is running into the inside of your head. And your eyes burn with angst towards you because you didn't allow them to stay closed long enough, so they're going to gain revenge by randomly closing shut throughout the day. Oh, and your muscles are screaming at you because you were twisted up in this little ball in an attempt to find a comfortable position. I have that. I have that, and it sucks. 
          Henceforth, this will not be a post spilling with profound thoughts or rants or eloquently strung phrases. (See what I did there?) This has just been an amazing extended weekend - it needs to blogged about. 
Saturday: (See previous post about this day here! ==> Saturday's Details :D )
Sunday: I spent most of the day cleaning, but Sunday NIGHT was where it was at. 
Sunday Night Where It Was At: The Newlywed Game! Three couples. Not a single one of us "Newlyweds," but still a ton of fun, nonetheless. The Boyfriend and I started off slow, but you better believe we came back and tied the game with my sister and her "The Boyfriend". Somehow the night turned into 3 AM and we were craving Dunkin' Donuts. Except Dunkin' Donuts had to be like, the worst place ever, and not be open 24/7. And then my sister and I decided to start singing that really melodramatic lullaby from The Rugrats Movie; the one that, as www.rugratonline.com phrased, "a dejected Tommy Pickles" holds a ratty slipper and sobs in the corner, "Baby, please, don't you see? I want mom and dad for me!" Yeah, that one. We sang it the entire ride home. By the time I got home, I decided that I would ask my boss if I could take off a few days to spend with The Boyfriend since it's technically the last few days I have with him. Stay tuned for a blog about a "dejected Ashli Ford and her ratty, tear-soaked, slipper."
Monday: I dressed up for the first time in weeks. It felt good to look like a girl again. Naturally, what does one do when she looks like a girl again? Go to the mall, of course. The Boyfriend and I had lunch at the mall - I had an amazinggg wrap from Nature's Own, and he had an even better pizza-inside-pizza thing from Sbarro's, which I kind of ate most of... *guilty*. And we were off to window shop and be depressed about how poor we were, and were out of there within the hour because our wallets felt like strangling us due to lack of use. So we went to Publix to indulge our wallets' desires to get the 100 tomatoes and stuff to make homemade ice cream! Oh, and we won $4 from the lotto. How nice of it. 
          Skip failing miserably at playing catch because it was 9 billion degrees outside, but let's highlight the fact that I STOMPED The Boyfriend in Madden, 38-21.. or something like that. And we took a 3 hour nap, but woke up just in type for the best sloppy joes ever and to make homemade ice cream. Which also, was delicious. 
Tuesday: Batting cages, batting cages, BATTING CAGES. The Boyfriend, my brother, and I went to the batting cages and even though it was pitching terrible, I still hit like, more than zero. And it kept getting stuck, but that paid off too - because we got 4 free tokens for next time. We got lunch at McDonald's and I had my first "Quarter-Pounder." (Which, by the way, has a thicker bun than the dollar menu burgers.) We continued the afternoon by FINALLY building my Lego set: The Burrow and listening to Live ATC. I surprised myself at how many pieces I found and connected properly without losing patience and storming off in an impatient, spoiled, rage. Ten points to Slytherin. 
Then I ate 105 tomatoes. That's all I have to say on that. Go watch the video! Watch Priceless Gag Faces Here! And we played catch before my brother's practice - which was awesome. So awesome, that I had to go straight home and play more catch. And it was 9:00 and we were starving and we went to get sushi and it was delicious and we came home and we watched Boy Meets World and we went to sleep. Because that's what you're supposed to do apparently.
Wednesday: PARTY DAY! Got everyone together for a slip 'n slide day after training my brother extensively for baseball season. I was a warrior. The Boyfriend popped the slip 'n slide, but no worries, we had a backup plan and it worked beautifully. We all showered, played a board game, and decided we were going to dress semi-formally to go to McDonald's. See:


So naturally we had to do that whole Do-This-Pose/Do-That/Take-One-More/Prom-Standard-Procedure-Thing and we were off to be fancy with our fast food.
Cashier: Oh, ya'll look cute! Is it Prom or somethin'? (Because it's August, and school's not even in, and everyone goes to McDonald's before Prom).
Sister: Nope.
Cashier: ...Oh, what's the occasion?
Sister: No occasion, just wanted to dress up!
Cashier: Oh, dang! Well, ya'll look CUTE!
And we walked around Wal-Mart after that; my sister and I talking in British accents and the boys failing in British accents. The rest of the evening was spent editing my video - which if you haven't heard, Go. Watch. Now.
Thursday: I'm suffering from bad fatigue and I'm back at work and I'm writing. Can't wait for Disney this weekend. It's going to be so, magically, boss.



No comments:

Post a Comment