Sunday, August 28, 2011

On a more serious note...

I haven't blogged in dayssss. This past week was crazy and emotional and busy and just overwhelming. But in that crazy, emotional, busy, overwhelming week, I had time to think; henceforth, blog topics. 
Topic Number 1: Cyber Bullying
Until last week, I only "knew" of cyber bullying, (not that melodramatic teen movie on ABC Family) I mean real cyber bullying. Yes, the cyber bullying I was involved in was minimal, but due to being hormonal and a woman, I blew it out of proportion. But bullying is still bullying, whether one is hormonal or not. Synopsis Time: 

(Pretend this is a Facebook News Feed, thanks.)
Ashli Noelle Ford-Murphy: So my lovely boyfriend, best friend, and roommate, Andrew Strunk is moving back home tomorrow. Someone bring me ice cream to eat away my sorrow, the credit card to buy away my pain, and sappy love movies to cry away the despair. Heh, heh. Going to miss you muffin, ♥. 
Cyber Bully: I love when couples show affection over the internet. 

Except the post via Bully was posted 3 minutes after mine. Now that I'm rewriting it, it seems ridiculous. But it was embarrassing because I didn't feel as if my post was mushy or puke-worthy at all. I was actually kind of mocking the fact of missing him. It was sarcasm. Yes, I did go on a shopping spree and bought Birthday Cake ice cream, but I definitely haven't watched any sappy movies, so I think I'm doing alright. *twitch*
The most hurtful part was that everyone immediately started liking her post and it was just like everyone was against me, so it hurt. But the fighter in me commented on her status cheekily, "Omg, me too!" Well, she bit again with, "I can tell." And then everyone started liking that comment. So I felt I needed to rid of the haters. I commented back with, "Well, let me make sure you don't have to read my affectionate posts anymore, bye!" and proceeded to delete and block her, along with deleting my status. Oh, and report her to Facebook for harassment and bullying. Well, I was an emotional wreck after that. I'm talking sobs and snot and dry heaves and I think I cried out every tear in my body. Ugh, I hate being a woman. 
Fast-forward, more haters jumped in and they, too, were deleted. I don't need negative people in my life. And they don't deserve to even get a glimpse of my happiness. It's a win-win. 
So the moral of the story is, don't let others control how you feel. If it bothers them, they don't have to read or hear it - they can leave (or be deleted). Thanks to mommy, I reposted the status because it "IS MY OWN FREAKING WALL" and I'll say how I feel. It's such a cliche, "don't care about what others think of you." Everyone says it, but no one follows it. But you are you. And people don't like to see you happy; especially the ones who are miserable themselves. They want to hurt you and squish you so they can feel powerful. Don't. Let. Them. Do. That. Don't ever be afraid to say how you feel or fight back or wear something ridiculous because you think others will laugh or not talk to you or not be your friend anymore. If they do any of those things listed above, they were NEVER worth it in the first place. And if they leave you, it wasn't a healthy relationship in the first place. The universe takes them away for a reason. To make sure you have the best support system around you as possible. People who love to build you up, share your happiness, and wear ridiculous outfits with you, not tear you down and see you fall. You're better than that. Believe it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment